The users of Coinbase or Coinbase Pro are well aware of the fact that both these exchanges are owned and operated by a single parent company. Both these platforms share a lot of features and functionalities. Similarly, if you go on to convert cryptos through one of these exchanges, the procedure would be almost similar. Whether you have created an account on coinbase.com or pro.coinbase, you can apply the steps given in the section below for converting cryptocurrency through both of them.
Since, these exchanges allow you to involve directly in the crypto-to-crypto trading process, you can do it by following an easy procedure which we are soon going to reveal in the upcoming sections. However, before you initiate the crypto conversion, you should acknowledge the fact that the conversions are made instantly and you cannot cancel them anyhow. Apart from that, you do not need to have any cash in your account in order to execute this conversion.
With that understood, let us now hop on to learning the two widely accepted procedures for the same.
Converting crypto on the Coinbase website
In order to convert through the Coinbase.com website or the pro.coinbase exchange, here is what needs to be done:
- Sign in to your account on the preferred exchange
- Find and click on the "Buy/Sell" tab and then select "Convert"
- Then, you will see a panel where you can make the conversion
- Now, you need to provide the cash amount of crypto you wish to convert
- When done setting the amount, select the "Preview Convert" option
- And lastly, you need to confirm the conversion by taking necessary steps
Converting cryptocurrency on the application
If you have been using Coinbase through the application instead of the coinbase.com website, then you need to follow these steps to initiate the conversion:
- Sign in to your pro.coinbase or Coinbase account (whichever is applicable)
- Now, tap on the "Convert" icon which could be found in the "More" menu
- From the given panel, you can select the crypto you'd like to convert
- Enter the amount for the same and then select "Preview Convert"
- Lastly, you can finalize the transaction and wait for it to complete
Although all the transactions made through these exchanges are instantaneous and should complete within a few seconds, but if that does not happen, you need to wait for some time before you can contact the support team. You can also check the transaction status by checking the transaction history of your account.